INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON PHYSICS OF SPACE AND MATERIALS
September 2-3, 2017
Department of Physics
St. Xavier’s College
Maitighar, Kathmandu, Nepal
“The International Conference on Physics of Space and Materials” will be held at St. Xavier’s College, Maitighar, Kathmandu, Nepal from September 2-3, 2017.
The Society of Jesus was founded in 1540 by three persons and one of them was St. Francis Xavier. They were called Jesuits. In 1951, on the invitation of the Nepalese government, the Nepal Jesuit Society was established. Fathers Marshall D. Moran, Edward Saton, and Frank Murphy came to Nepal and started St. Xavier’s School at Godawari. After a few years of contribution, the school was expanded to Jawalakhel. The Jesuit Society continued its academic goal in school level. Some schools are established in different parts of Nepal.
With the purpose of supporting education in higher level, the Nepal Jesuits Society established St. Xavier’s College in 1988 at Maitighar. The college is running several academic programs.The college now runs classes at the Higher Secondary and “A” levels, seven Bachelor level programs, and three Master level programs. It has been the center for learning and one of the major choices of the scholars. About three thousand young men and women study in the college.
The Jesuit Society focuses mostly in academics. It also prioritizes altruism and mobilizes the scholars in the field for the same purpose. The college believes not only on theoretical knowledge but also on practical knowledge and therefore, students are sent in the field work so that they could learn something practically. It has added a beauty in the field of learning. St. Xavier’s College puts forward a specific theme for the academic year; the theme for this year is tradition, a call for innovation.
Kathmandu is the capital city of the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, the largest Himalayan state in Asia. It is the second largest metropolis in Nepal, with a population of 1.4 million in the city proper, and 5 million in its urban agglomeration across the Kathmandu Valley, which includes the towns of Lalitpur, Kirtipur, Madhyapur Thimi and Bhaktapur. Kathmandu is also the largest metropolis in the Himalayan hill region.The city stands at an elevation of approximately 1,400 meters (4,600 feet) above sea level in the bowl-shaped. Kathmandu has been the center of Nepal’s history, art, culture and economy. It has a multiethnic population within a Hindu and Buddhist majority. Religious and cultural festivities form a major part of the lives of people residing in Kathmandu.
Tourism is an important part of the economy as the city is the gateway to the Nepalese Himalayas. In 2013, Kathmandu was ranked third among the top ten upcoming travel destinations in the world by Trip Advisor, and ranked first in Asia. Nepali is the most spoken language in the city, while English is understood by the city’s educated residents.
Weather condition in September:
September marks the end of the monsoons in Nepal. However, it still rains quite a lot in September. It generally rains around 168 mm (about 6 inches). There is a possibility of rain for about 12 days throughout the month. The average daily temperatures are around 230C (73°F), reaching up to 26°C (79°F).
About the Conference:
The conference is one of the vital components of research where new inventions and innovations are discussed among researchers. In order to address the ongoing researches and their techniques to the research frontiers, an International Conference on Physics of Space and Materials will be organized. The conference will be dedicated to the recent trends and developments in Physics of Space and Materials. It will provide abundant opportunities to discuss and understand numerous phenomena of Physics. The conference includes the following topics:
- Biomedical Applications
- Computational Physics
- Material Science
- Plasma and its Applications
- Solid state Physics
- Space Technology
The conference will provide opportunities to interact with the experts and build the collaboration with national and international scientists.
Who can attend the conference?
The researchers, faculty members and scientists who have focused their research on the listed topics (Experimental or Theoretical) would benefit from the conference. The research students of postgraduate and undergraduate studies who are curious and seeking career in the above mentioned field can attend.
The conference includes key note speakers, oral presentations and poster sessions.
The conference will be held at the premises of St. Xavier’s College, Maitighar, Kathmandu, which is situated at 3 Km from the Tribhuvan International Airport and takes 15 minutes to reach by taxi or car.
The accommodation is not included in the registration fee. The detail of the accommodation is available on the following webpages.
Normal accommodation: Everest Stake House and Hotel, Khusibu, Nayabazaar
Email: – firstname.lastname@example.org
High class accommodation: Hotel Yellow Pagoda, Jamal, Kathmandu
Travel and Tour:
Travel and tour program is not included in the registration fee. It is an optional. Interested persons should contact for different tour packages to the following Travel and Tour Company.
AK Holidays Tours and Tracks Pvt. Ltd.
|2||International||SAARC Countries||Graduate/ Undergraduate||$ 15|
|Other Countries||Graduate/ Undergraduate||$ 100|
Registration fee includes registration kit, book of abstract, coffee/tea and lunch on the conference days.
Program date: 2-3 September 2017
Abstract submission: 15th July 2017
Acceptance notification: 31st July 2017
Registration: 20th August 2017
Call for Abstract:
The author(s) should submit abstract via e-mail to email@example.com. The details of the submission are given below:
- Both oral and poster session participants should submit one page abstract including figures and tables. The text should be justified.
- The margin should be 20 mm at the top, 20 mm at the bottom, left 30 mm and right 30 mm.
- The text should be New Times Roman with single spaced.
- The heading of abstract should be central and it should be written in capital letters 16 pt., Bold, skip one line, Author(s) 14 pt., Affiliation 12 pt., italic, one line skip should be between the text of abstract and affiliation.
- The text should be justified with 12 pt.
- Abstract should submit electronically within deadline.
- Participants who want to publish the article should submit an electronic file of the entire paper additionally.
- Author(s) will be informed about the acceptance of full manuscript after comments from the review panels.
The following guidelines should assist in preparing the oral presentation or poster presentation for the ICPSM 2017 conference.
- Speaker will have oral presentation followed by Questions & Answer session.
- Speaker should present the paper in Power Point format.
- The Power Point should be ready one day prior to the talk. The technician will assist to upload the presentation file in the computer.
- The speaker should check the presentation in the Conference Room prior to the session.
- The speaker should arrive in the assigned room 30 minutes before the start of the session to introduce oneself to the session chair.
- The size of poster should be 120 cm high and 85 cm wide.
- The board is numbered in the upper right corner.
- Posters should be exhibited 1 hour before the conference starts.
Fr. Jiju Varghese, S.J.
Principal, St. Xavier’s College
Fr. Jomon Jose, S.J.
Vice Principal/Liason Officer, St. Xavier’s College
Fr. Anup Minj, S.J.
Administrator/Treasurer, St. Xavier’s College
- Dr. Ram Prasad Khatiwada, Dean, IoST
- Dr. Sanjay Sharma, Secretary, MoST
- Mr. Ananda Bahadur Chand, Director, BPKP
- Dr. Lok Narayan Jha
- Dr. Binil Aryal
- Dr. Shekhar Gurung
- Dr. Sesh Kant Aryal
- Dr. Sita Ram Prasad Byahut
- Dr. Udaya Raj Khanal
- Dr. Pradeep Kumar Bhattarai
- Dr. Jeevan Jyoti Nakarmi
- Dr. Shankar Prasad Shrestha
- Dr. Indra Bahadur Karki
- Dr. Nilam Pradhan Shrestha
- Mr. Hom Nath Poudel
- Dr. Deepak Prasad Subedi
- Dr. Bhadra Pokharel
- Dr. Rajendra Parajuli
- Dr. Lekha Nath Mishra
- Dr. Binod Bhattarai
- Dr. Suresh Kumar Dhungel
Scientific Organizing Committee
- Dr. Narayan Prasad Chapagain
- Dr. Raju Khanal
- Dr. Narayan Prasad Adhikari
- Dr. Tika Bahadur Katuwal
- Dr. Lila Pradhan
- Dr. Hari Prasad Lamichhane
- Dr. Vinaya Kumar Jha
- Dr. Binod Adhikari
International Organizing Committee
- Fr. Dr. Vincent Braganza
- Dr. Hyeonsik Cheong
- Dr. Sanjay Puri
- Dr. Chandan Kumar Sarkar
- Dr. Samar Saha
- Dr. Shyamala Bodhane
Local Organizing Committee
- Mr. Drabindra Pandit
- Mr. Hari Kishor Sah
- Mr. Basu Dev Ghimire
- Mr. Ram Sundar Matang
- Mr. Birendra Prasad Pant
- Mr. Gopal Jha
- Mr. Yagya Bahadur Phuyal
- Mr. Binod Regmi
- Mr. Bashu Dev Khanal
- Mr. Ajay Kumar Karn
- Mr. Kedar Acharya
- Mr. Kiran Pudasainee &
- All visiting faculty members
Mr. Drabindra Pandit, Convener
Department of Physics,
St. Xavier’s College,
Post Box No- 7437
Phone No: 977-1-4221365, 4244636
Cell No: 9841366132