Activities List 2018
List of Activities
- Workshop on Space Weather Effects on GNSS Operations at Low latitudes, 23 April – 4 May 2018, Trieste, Italy
Participants: Drabindra Pandit (Faculty) and Roshan Kumar Mishra (Student)
- Counselling Course for Counsellors, 23 May 2018 – 6 June 2018
(A Certificate Course at Satyodayam – Jesuit Retreat Centre, Secunderabad, Tilagana, India)
Participant: Drabindra Pandit (Faculty)
- Participated in a Program in Philippines as a representative of member of St. Xavier’s College Physics Council: Roshan Kumar Mishra, M.Sc. Fourth Semester
- Educational Tour to Ahmedabad, India: M.Sc. Fourth Semester from 18 August 2018 to 28 August 2018
Participants: 34 Students of M.Sc. Fourth Semester and Two Faculties Dr. Vinay Kumar Jha and Dr. Binod Adhikari
- Krishna Khanal, M.Sc.IV Semester, AGU Meeting, May 2017, Japan.
- Bindesh Tripathi, B.Sc. III Year, Summer School June 2017, Kolkata.
- Binod Bhattarai, M.Sc. IV Semester, University of Exeter, Poster presentation.17-21 July 2017, UK,
- Binod Bhattarai, M.Sc. IV Semester , IAPS meeting, 4-15 August 2017Turin, Italy,
- Educational Tour, B.Sc. Fourth Year, Rara with Mr. Basudev Ghimire, 23-29 Asoj 2074 (9-15 Oct 2017).
- Social Camp, B.Sc. II and III, Jiri Higher Secondary School, Jiri, Dolkha with Puspa Shrestha and Basil Sribastav ,13-17 Kartik 2074 (30 Oct-3 Nov 2017).
- SXPC Outreach Program, IAPS School Day, Srikalibumi Ma. Vi., Sailung, Dolkha, 29 Kartik-2 Mansir 2074(9-11Nov 2017).
- On Xavier’s Day participated in Social Services,
- UCEP (Unprivileged Children Education Program), Socialization Centre, Bhaktapur, B.Sc. III year students
- Orphanage’s Home , Thechho, B.Sc.IV and I
- Cleaning Campaign, Pasupati area near Ram Mandir, B.Sc. II and I
- Bal Mandir, Siphal, M.Sc. III Semester
- Talk Program, Dr. Laxman Adhikari, Title “ Solar Turbulence”.
- Talk Program, Dr. Hari Poudel, Title “Solid State Physics”.
- Participated in the “11th Asian Regional Conference of IAEG on “Engineering Geology for Geodisaster Management”, 28-30 November, 2017, Katmandu, Nepal by Br. Binod Adhikari (Faculty Member) and Mr. Roshan Kumar Miashra (B.Sc. III Semester).
- Participated in “National Seminar Setting Technological Standard and Strategy for Higher Education”, Bangalore, on 30th January by Mr. Hari Kishr Sah (Faculty Member).
- Participated in IAU Symposium 340 on “Long Term Datasets for the Understanding of Solar and Stellar Magnetic Cycles”, 19 – 24 February, 2018, Jaipur, India by Mr. Drabindra Pandit and Dr. Binod Adhikari (Faculty Members) and Mr. Rosah Kumar Mishra and Bindesh Triphati (M.Sc. II Semester and B.Sc. Fourth year students).
- Elocution Contest 2018 / Pie-day celebration, 14 March 2018, SXCP council students.